Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 13, 2009

Just call me a Shredhead

Okay, it's been 3 months since Baby Eva made her appearance and I am still 10 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight and about 20 lbs from my "goal weight". I've been following Weight Watchers for almost 2 months now and have been able to shed 15 lbs of the 43 lbs I gained. I initially lost 20 lbs without any diet or excercise at all. Have I lost you yet? Well, I know it's only been a few months and I've heard the addage "It took you 9 months to gain the weight, expect to take 9 months to lose it!" Well, I think that's all well and good but it was my unhealthy eating habits and lack of excercise that was really stalling the scale. Who would have thunk that staying within a healthy calorie range and actually excercising would actually help me lose weight? Ding ding ding! So, I have decided to incorporate an excercise routine into my life. I chose Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred" for the simple fact that it only took 20 minutes to complete! Taking care of 2 kids, a business, and household chores didn't allow for much excercise time so this was perfect for me. 20 minutes you say? How can I achieve any results from just 20 minutes? Well, this DVD simply kicks your butt. It is a 3-2-1 system which is basically 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, and 1 minute abs in 3 cycles. There are 3 difficulty levels to be completed in 30 days. My muscles were so sore the first day that I couldn't even bend to lift Baby Eva from the floor! I am now on Day 6 of Level 1 and I can say that I am definitely seeing change. I fit into my jeans which recently wouldn't even pass my thighs! Yes, they're still a bit tight but it's progress! So, I will check-in daily and let you know how I am doing. I thought this would help me feel accountable! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

The Updikes said...

Good for you! Something like this might be just what I need when I go back to work. Do you like to do it in the AM or PM?

genevieve said...

It is so awesome! Mike has definitely seen changes in my body. I was astounded when my jeans actually fit me! Anyway, I do it in the middle of the afternoon when the kids nap. I wouldn't do it at night, it gets your adrenaline going, you might not be able to sleep!