Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 8- No more yoga pants!

So, as I was shredding it up about 30 minutes ago, I was thinking about what I could write for today's post. I didn't want to bore you with more updates about the actual excercises so I was trying to come up with something. Motivational anecdotes perhaps? Complaints? Well, as I was still pondering what to write, I decided to try on my "fat" shorts from last summer. These were the shorts that made me realize I needed to lose some major weight. Pictures of me wearing these were unflattering at the least. In my desperate attempt to stay cool during this summer, I tried them on a few weeks ago and to my disappointment they were too small :( I tossed them into a plastic bin in a fit of fury and decided to wear my go-to yoga pants. Well, I am happy to say that I tried them on today and they are actually loose! I was in shock and tried on another pair of shorts (even smaller) and they fit! Yes! Progress! Now I don't believe this 30 Day Shred is a miracle worker but combined with healthy eating, it really works! I am still watching my diet by eating whole grains, low-fat, and fat-free foods. I also watch my portions (no more 2nd or 3rd helping for me!) I do not starve myself especially since I am a nursing mother (which requires you to add an extra 300-500 calories) per day. I just choose to eat foods that are good for you (no chips, chocolate, soda). Yes, I may stray a time or two but I am proud to say that I don't do it everyday!
So, that's it. I am a long ways from my smallest sized short but at least I don't have to live in yoga pants anymore!

0 comments: