Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Alex's First Week





It's been over a week and one day since we bought our little munchkin home and believe me it's been a wild ride! Our first night was exhausting with our little Alex waking up almost every hour and taking his time to fall asleep. Mike and I were pretty much wiped out. However, as the days progressed Mr. Alex seems to be falling into a pattern already. He wakes up at around 12:30 am for a feeding and a diaper change. It takes about 30-45 minutes until he is ready for sleep again. The amazing part is he does not wake up till 6:30 am or so! That's almost 5 hours of sleep! Yay! I really hope I am not jinxing myself as I type this. It is a big change to get by with little or interrupted sleep but I am glad to be at home and be able to take catnaps here and there. Alex never ceases to amaze us. He is so alert and seems to be taking everything in. He stares at us wide-eyed almost as if to say "What the heck did I get myself into?!" He has already gone to church last Sunday and was blessed by the parish priest. We took a very interesting trip to the mall for the first time as well. He slept through most of it and only became fussy towards the end. Mike and I had our first experience using the "Family Restroom"! Oh the joys of getting initiated into parenthood. We are having a blast so far!

0 comments: